RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE CHARLOTTE SWIM & RACQUET CLUB
Be it resolved by the Board of Directors of the Charlotte Swim and Racquet Club: That, whereas the Board of Directors believes that it is in the best interest of the Club, its membership and of the community in which it is located to discourage discrimination, not only in employment and education, but also in social and recreational activities; It is, therefore, hereby resolved that no person shall be denied membership in Charlotte Swim & Racquet Club because of race, religion, color, sex or national origin.
CHARLOTTE SWIM AND RACQUET CLUB, INC.
RULES FOR OPERATION
The following rules are for the benefit of all users of our club facilities and are intended to promote safety and sanitation. Members should instruct their children and guests to observe all rules and obey lifeguards and pool manager. Continual failure to comply with the rules must be considered cause for suspension of privileges.
All members must enter the club area during the hours of pool operation by using the main gate at the pool. Registration by all members and guests is required prior to using the pool or tennis facilities.
1. POOL HOURS
3. All bathers must shower before entering the pool. No street shoes allowed on pool deck. No running, pushing, wrestling, ball playing or causing undue disturbance allowed in or about the pool area.
4. Certain approved water games, such as water polo or cross pool, may be permitted provided they are conducted in off-peak hours in a clearly defined area designated by and under the supervision of the pool manager or lifeguards. Abuse of this privilege shall be cause for suspension of the privilege.
5. No pets allowed within the pool area.
6. Admission shall be refused anyone with skin abrasions, colds, coughs, inflamed eyes, or wearing bandages.
7. No recreational floating equipment may be used in the pool (other than “noodles”). Non-swimmer children must be under direct adult supervision at all times. While under that supervision, they may use water wings, life jackets, swim rings, or swim ring vests.
8. Wading pool use is limited to children 6 years of age and under.
9. Children using wading pool must be supervised by a parent or responsible person.
10. All members including children shall use the pool and club facilities at their own risk.
11. Children who have not reached their 10th birthday will not be permitted within the club grounds unaccompanied. Parents may assign a designee to accompany children. Designees 18 years of age or under must provide one-on-one supervision in the water. Designees over the age of 18 may provide supervision from the poolside. Abuse of the privilege will be cause for suspension of the privilege.
12. Children who are not reliably toilet trained must wear rubber pants (not a disposable diaper) to swim in the baby pool.There are no exceptions! (“Little Swimmers” do not suffice on this own—they leak.) This is a health department regulation!Rubber pants can be purchased in the swim office.
13. No hard balls are allowed in the pool. Prohibited balls include tennis balls, racquet balls, and footballs. Balls that are allowed include splash balls and inflatable balls, such as beach balls. Water guns are not allowed at the pool.
14. Members may not use the diving blocks during normal pool hours; they are reserved for swim team practice only. The block in the lap lane may be used during normal team hours, but only to practice for competitive swimming.
15. Any person not obeying the rules will be benched for 10 minutes. A second offense may be grounds for being expelled from the pool for a time specified by the pool manager or the manager’s designees.
16. The cost of any property damage due to negligence will be charged to the responsible member.
17. The club will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property.
18. No intoxicants may be brought on club grounds.
19. Food and refreshments may be consumed only in prescribed areas (not in the general pool area). No chewing gum is permitted.
20. No glass containers of any kind are allowed in the pool area.
21. All trash must be disposed of in trash containers.
22. No smoking is permitted on club property.
23. No abusive or objectionable language will be permitted on club property.
24. Members will drive slowly and carefully on driveway and parking area.
25. All bicycles will be parked in prescribed area.
26. The lifeguards may not give private swimming lessons while on duty.
27. No authorized person will be allowed near the filter plant, in the office or in the pump house at any time. No one should climb on lifeguard stands, distract lifeguards, or talk with lifeguards while guards are on duty.
28. No individual or organization (except for organizations directly affiliated with the club, such as the swim team) shall be allowed to use club facilities for private sales, solicitations, or fund-raising.
29. One section of the pool will be open for free swim during morning lessons. Swimmers will be allowed in the roped off area where lessons are being held or the diving area during morning lessons.
30. Health Department rules require that all chairs be kept at least 8′ from the pool at all times.
3 1. It shall be the duty of the pool manager, assisted by the lifeguards to enforce all of the rules of the Club.
Diving Board Rules
Tennis Court Rules and Regulations
Rules for Use of Lighted Courts